In this episode I introduce a prayer kneeler we donated to a GREAT cause: A church school fund-raiser. In the video I mention that the kneeler “… will be donated… “. I had to delay publishing this video due to unforeseen circumstances.
On a sad note, I spent most of last week in New York City, as my uncle, my aunt’s husband, passed away. I returned Sunday night, and worked on editing this video on Monday. My sincere thanks to all who sent us condolences on my uncle’s passing.
The kneeler was sold to the highest bidder at a silent auction sponsored by the church our daughter and her family attend. The parish conducts fund raisers once a year; we are always very happy to contribute to this worthwhile cause.
I decided to split the video into several parts, to highlight several things:
- The main kneeler features – the theme of this episode:
- A place to hold a book, such as a missal or other devotional book.
- The folding legs, to allow storing the kneeler out of the way, while giving the owner flexibility to highlight the kneeler in the middle of a room.
- In future episodes I will feature:
- Milling the stock, and getting it ready for machining.
- Special features, such as attachment of the folding legs to the main structure.
- How to get precise spacing of the folding legs, to prevent binding.
I hope you will enjoy following along in the build of this prayer kneeler. It is always a very popular item at the fund raisers!
Note: The prayer kneelers are available from the Sandal Woods shop. Please contact me for pricing and features.