A simple outline on a legal envelope defined my next project:
- Join several boards into a large panel (the base).
- Smooth the glued seams the best you can.
- Make sure all seams are now seamless, and smooth.
- Find thick wood, to raise top platform; machine to size.
- Find one wide board for top platform, and shape properly.
- Shape riser insert and top platform together, for looks.
- Shape the back of the base to resemble the others.
- Sand to 150 grit first; then to 180 grit, taking special precaution with all edges (don’t want any threads snagging).
- Use pegs to join top to riser, and also to join base to riser.
- Remove all saw dust thoroughly before taking into sewing room.
- Important: No finish on this special platform.
- Allow your wife the honors of placing embroidery machine on new platform.
- Wife places granddaughter’s dress, T-shirt, or some other such garment on embroidery machine more easily than ever possible (the garment now slides under the top arm).
- Results: A wonderful thank you!