As always, click on the images to enlarge them.
The first of the Events in the Midwest in 2010, the Lie-Nielsen (LN) Hand Tool Event will take place in Kansas City in less than two weeks! The Kansas City Woodworkers Guild will host the Event at their facility in Merriam, Kansas. You can view the brochure for this event by clicking on this link. This is a wonderful learning opportunity – I have always learned something new at every one of the Events I have attended. And that makes it a lot of shavings!
Cost: Attendance is FREE!
What: The Lie-Nielsen Toolworks Hand Tool Event
Where: Hosted by the Kansas City Woodworkers Guild in Merriam, KS
When: March 26 and 27, 2010
Time: Friday, March 26, Noon to 6 PM; Saturday, March 27, 10 AM to 5 PM
Why would you want to attend?
- A great opportunity to “…learn how great tools make your woodworking easier!…”
- Do you need new tools, and want to try your hand with any and all of the Lie-Nielsen tools? Just about every tool made by the company will be available for you to try.
- You get to meet, and ask questions from the people at Lie-Nielsen, first-hand.
- You will have a terrific chance to get advice from experts, whether on the use of a hand plane, a chisel, sharpening, etc. – literally, any of their tools.
- Lie-Nielsen will not be present at any of the Woodworking Shows this year; as a result, this is a great venue to see them in person.
I encourage you to mark your calendar, and to attend this Event. Sandy and I were fortunate to be able to attend the LN Event in Cincinnati, Ohio, in May 2009. It took place at the Popular Woodworking offices. Other articles in which I mention Lie-Nielsen can be found at this link.
I hope to see you there!
— Al Navas