The glue-up of the drawer stops worked well, although the shop temperature dropped into the low 60s overnight. The liquid hide glue set perfectly, which means I can now start on the final adjustments and finish fitting the drawers. Some tweaking might be required after I install the top on the desk.
The final adjustments to the drawer stops consist of trimming the front edge, a little at a time. I don’t want to trim too much. Each stop is trimmed with a little Stanley #75 rabbet plane, checking progress every few shavings:
Once a close fit is dialed in with the rabbet plane, the final step is to take a few shavings from the drawer front, to get it perfectly flush with the front desk apron:
The final step is to get the reveal around the drawers as even as possible. Careful use of a block plane is essential, to keep the reveal as small as possible. I did not dare go beyond this point today:
Once the top is installed, I will do a final-final drawer fit, to adjust the reveals and to ensure smooth operation of all drawers. Then I will start the finishing process.
— Al Navas