The greatest loss

Parents should not have to bury their children. But that is what our daughter and her husband did today. Maria Dominica now rests at Mt Olivet Cemetery, under the shade of a beautiful little tree. We will all miss her terribly.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank everyone who has written to express their sympathy. I will always remember your kindness.

Al Navas

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

1. BILL ROSON says

AL
    IM VERY SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF A LOVED ONE. I WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS.

BILL

2. says

Al,

My deepest condolences to your and your family on your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

–Mark

• Al Navas says

Mark,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your prayers; I will pass them to our daughter and her family.

3. says

I’m sorry for your loss, Al. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

I know firsthand the loss of a child. The part I found hard to deal with is that the love has formed but has no outlet.
    She may want to visit a support group. I attended a service for those who lost a baby, part of it was symbolically letting the child go by releasing a balloon. I found this surprisingly helpful.

The hurt never goes away but it does become greatly diminished with time. She will recover, and hopefully be able to try again.

• Al Navas says

Thanks, Darnell. Your prayers and thoughts are welcome in these times. I will pass the message to our daughter.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

4. says

Weeping silently. It always seems unfair to hear of the loss of an innocent.

I often think of the great differences between the people who live in the wonderful heartland of our country, their values, respect for life, neighbors and God. Here where I live, on the east coast (I’m a transplanted Hoosier), the culture is far different. Too many people here think it’s OK to kill their inconvenient unborn children.

You, and the heartlanders who really make this country great, mourn their loss. I’m with you Al. Condolences.