With thanks to Christopher Schwarz for shining a bright spotlight on this tool! It was the perfect project to get me going in the shop once again, after the Woodworking in America conference (and the long deck build before that).
Whatever you do, do NOT misinterpret my objective in building this vise.
- I will not sell my Leigh D4 dovetail jig!
- Nor will I be selling the F3 finger joint template for the D4!!!
- I do have a lot of boxes to build in the next few weeks
- Some of these boxes will be tiny, and therefore will require hand-cut joinery
- I won’t have to stoop to cut the joinery
- My back will thank me…LOTS!
I would love to hear from you; let me know:
- Have you built one of the double-screw vises?
- Are you using it in the shop?
- If you are, what are you making with it?
- Do you like the video below? The music is “Jolie”, track #4 on the “Notes” CD by my friend Jason Riley.
— Al Navas