Eli Cleveland and friends in a Google+ hangout.
I invited Eli Cleveland to a Google+ Hangout on Air, to share with us his journey through woodworking, the North Bennett Street School in Boston, his work with Tommy MacDonald’s shop, and later his involvement in the WGBH show Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy MacDonald.
The entire team, including Neil Lamens and Bruce Sommers, who did not appear in the hangout, collaborate on The Furniture Project, Design | Build | Show. The new web site launched only a few days ago – and it includes a Call for Entries for the 2013 show!
Thank you, Eli, and thank you Justin, Rick, and Scott, for joining me as Eli shared his journey with us. What a wonderful friendship and working relationship you have as a group!
Audio-only file: Right-click on the this link to download to your smartphone, iPod, etc., to listen on-the-go.
In the video: A shout-out to Neil Lamens, the amazing guy behind Furnitology Productions, at 30:35 minutes.
The following are links of interest. I shared them during the hangout:
- Rough Cut-Woodworking with Tommy Mac
- Eli’s “application” to the Rough Cut 207
- Eli and Tommy’s favorite power tools
- Justin DiPalma’s Crafted Heirlooms
- Scott Oja’s projects at Lumberjocks
- Rick Waters – WoodExpo furniture exhibitors web pages
- Rough Cut shows on the PBS station WGBH in Boston
— Al Navas