I announced the following on Google+ over the weekend:
To everyone attending #WoodworkingInAmerica #WIA:
To all my readers:
It is time share with you that Sandy and I will not be attending Woodworking in America 2011.
Sometimes, priorities get in the way. Heck, that is the reason they are called priorities. We have attended ALL WIA conferences to date. WIA 2011 will be the first we will miss. We regret missing it. But it is going to happen, sooner or later, to others, too.
What I am doing:
In case you wonder what could be more important than WIA 2011, here is the slate:
- I am working on becoming a Certified Court Interpreter – LOTS of study, to learn the slang equivalents in both English and Spanish, plus ALL the legal terminology that goes with being a good Court Interpreter.
- I will take the Written Exam on November 6, 2011, which is not that far away. And I must study like crazy!
- I am also hoping that the State of Missouri will offer the 3-day Interpreter Skills Workshop, in late October, in Jefferson City (the State Capital).
- I will announce this a bit later, but there IS another big task I am currently focused on. More on this at some point in the future.
I will miss you all – the people, as it IS the people that makes WIA tick!
I will schedule a Google+ hangout, and will announce it here. If anyone reading this knows how to stream and record to LiveStream, please let me know. Thanks!
But isn’t THAT what the Google+ video conferences called Hangouts are for? If we miss attending, maybe we should hold a hangout or two, to show off the technology in Google+ to our fellow woodworkers?
To ALL my woodworking friends:
Go, attend, participate, and have a LOAD of fun! There is NOTHING in the world that can possibly replace Woodworking in America. And, while you are at it, please celebrate because you are there, and maybe even because I am not there
Enjoy, guys and gals!!!
What about YOU?
- Will YOU attend this year’ Woodworking in America later this week?
- Or do you also have other things tugging at your sides?
- Will you be able attend a hangout on Google+?