As you know, I have been busy preparing for the written exam, to become certified as a Missouri Court Interpreter. I will sit for the exam on November 6 (yippee!) – please, wish me luck!
Next up, a neat jig!
Starting next week I will be back in the shop – and, first up, I get to use the newest jig from Leigh, the R9 Plus Joinery System. I look forward to making 3 sizes of box joints and 3 sizes of through dovetails, all on boards of any width. This will be a GREAT investment for anyone looking for a low initial investment to do this joinery!
For example, for dovetails, with the template in the right-hand position:
And for finger joints on a narrow work piece:
The following are the features of this new jig:
- Unlimited board widths
- Through dovetails
- Any board thickness up to 13/16”
- 3 pin widths – 3/8”, 7/16” & 1/2”
- 2 joint pitches, 1 1/2” & 3/4”
- Box joints
- Any board thickness up to 1”
- 3 sizes – 3/16”, 3/8” & 3/4”
- No jig adjustments
- Joint fit is controlled by patented eBush
- Works on your router table or with a standalone router
- Adjustable width clamping
- Mounts to shop made beam to keep cost low
- Replaceable backer board eliminates tear out
Disclosure: Leigh provides me with jigs from time to time, for evaluation purposes. I provide my own reviews here on the blog. And I help people with questions about joinery using the Leigh jigs — many of you know I love pitching in to help, whenever I can.
— Al Navas